9 January 2009

How to activate half-star ratings on iTunes

Since my iPod Touch 16GB doesn't have enough storage to hold my entire music library (along with some videos, photos and apps) I have to be selective regarding what songs I should sync to it. To do that I use the star rating system built-in on iTunes. For example, only 4 or 5 star-rated musics are chosen to get synced to the iPod.

However, sometimes using a 5 star rating might not be enough to differentiate the musics the way we would like. Lucky enough, there's a way of activating half-star rating on iTunes, thus turning, in theory, the 5 star rating system into a 10 star rating system.

Just open up Terminal and type:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes allow-half-stars -bool TRUE

That's it. When you initiate iTunes the next time, you'll notice that the rating stars have a new symbol (as pictured above).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how do you activate them in iTunes for Windows?