7 November 2007

Switching to Mac...

If you're a Mac switcher and, like me, a total newbie when it comes to the world of Mac OS X, then this guide from The Tao of Mac is mandatory. It is quite good and provides an insightful tutorial on how to better switch to a Mac environment, especially if you're coming from a Windows past.

Definitely, the best piece of advice for the Mac Newbies out there is to create a User account different from the Administrator account. It's easy and it's a good way of controlling your own newbie mistakes, as every time you make important changes in the operating system, a pop-up with the administration login is shown. Also, testing new applications on the limited user account avoids ruining the entire computer, if you were to do so as an Administrator.

So far, so good

I have to say that, so far, my switching to Mac has been quite peaceful and it has been a wonderful experience. I can proudly say: "5 days without using (Windows) and I'm doig fine" :-)

But this smooth transition didn't come from nothing. I made intensive research on the subject just to make sure that I wasn't going to fall on a huge trap, which then would be very difficult to get out off.

Here are some of the links that I found that helped me (a lot):

Tutorials

Applications
I hope these come in handy :-)

No comments: