26 February 2008

The new MacBook Pro is here!

Tuesday is always the day of the week when Apple introduces something new and this Tuesday was no exception. The new MacBook Pro is here.


What's New?

Glad you asked :-) Besides using the latest Intel processor (2,4GHz - 2,6 GHz), the new MacBook Pro has a bigger hard drive (200 GB - 250 GB), increased battery power (up to 5 hours) and, of course, a new multi-touch trackpad (borrowed from its cousin, the MacBook Air).

Also, the new MacBook Pro seems to be a bit lighter, with the 15'' version weighing just 5.4 pounds (my MacBook Pro weighs around 6 pounds) and the 17'' version around 6.8 pounds.

2 comments:

SK said...

My next laptop will be a Mac Pro. By that time they will be more powerful than they are now, but even now it would make for a sweet gaming laptop. With the large hard drive and Bootcamp, can make a Windows partition for your gaming and use the Mac side for your other apps.

With the previous generation of Mac Pro, PC Magazine (I think) said that the fastest Vista machine they had reviewed was a Mac Pro.

If I ever have $2500 to throw at a laptop, a Mac Pro will be it.

António Lopes said...

Macs are definitely the way to go :-)

Even running Windows through Parallels in my MacBook Pro, which is what I do now (I don't have Leopard with BootCamp yet), Windows has a better performance than in my previous laptop.