If you have a Macbook Pro, chances are that you've already made use of some of the unique functionalities that this great Apple laptop has, such as the Sudden Motion Sensor or the Ambient Light Sensor.
For example, here's a list of cool apps that use the Sudden Motion Sensor:
- AMSVisualizer - Just a simple app that allows you to view the behaviour of the sensor
- LiquidMac -Play with fluids...not real, don't worry
- MacSaber - for the Star Wars fan
- netPong - use your Macbook Pro as your board
- Stable Window - another simple app to see the behaviour of the sensor
Try them out. They should be simple enough to the experienced programmer.